3.09.2013

san francisco treat.


dear diary,   
   I did so many fun things today during my super cool visit to san francisco to see crosby stills and nash at the fillmore, and to visit my really nice family and to do so many other boss things - diary! one super fun place we visited was the corner of market and octavia, where I saw this trolley, out side of...


 ...grooves, a super fun record store! my brother doug was with me diary. he and I have been to a few record stores in our time as you know, and so we think we 'know the ropes'. it came as some surprise then, when doug attempted to 'carefully' remove and  look at a record hanging on the wall.
   the record store chap was having none of it and so, with out speaking he unceremoniously 'removed' the record from doug's hands...Walls Are Verboten!..and in one smooth gesture the record was safely home on the wall again. doesn't he know we know what we're doing? well, I do anyway...we enjoyed the rest of our visit none the less and chalked it all up to our ignorance of some local 'custom' (though I would think doug should have known - being local, diary?)
   I ended up purchasing a super cool book about california sunshine so I hope that made up for our faux pa. while searching the record bins I began to notice it was 'time for breakfast' so I suggested we go to the 'it's tops coffee shop' I had spotted next door...


...heaven...this is my kind of place diary. our server was nice to us and she made us glad to be there and the other customers were very interesting to be around too and there was good old 'rock 'n' roll' on the hi-fi. the food...


...was scrumptious! viva la 'it's tops coffee shop' in san francisco!


   there is one bad thing about these snapshots though, diary. they remind me of the case I made for my iphone which is in the picture of my breakfast. later in my visit I left it at a restaurant in tiburon. when I realized it I ran back to ask if they had found it. they suggested a seagull had likely stolen it off our table! a common occurrence they said. oh diary I just have to make another one soon! 
   but, at that time everything was ok with the world. I hope some day I'll be able to return to this neat little corner of san francisco with another hand fashioned iphone case to shop at grooves and eat at 'it's tops coffee shop'!
sven.

p.s. if you're ever in tiburon, watch out for the rude seagulls that live there.















No comments :