3.16.2013

the happenstance.


this is what I know about this morning. more winter. still beautiful. still dicey, for example exactly 2 days ago this occurred: a van coming from the opposite direction on the freeway lost control in the snow, spun round and round coming directly at me and crashed violently into the cable guard rail as I drove by 6 feet away. thought I was a goner dear readers. something loud whacked my car but so far I haven't found any damage, well, I guess it is covered in snow and ice still.


sven with his 'wall of sound'. 

   piles of vinyl handily displayed on keen utilitarian shelves I constructed many years ago, in my secret lair. all 'hand picked' in the curious corners of minneapolis and st. paul record stores since 1976 when I bought my first 'beach boys' album. shortly before I bought my first record, I had begun listening to 'rock' music on cassettes. and before that, ever since I was little I taped the am radio and even tv shows. 
   I've owned many tape recorders and other recording devices over the years. have you ever met a little kid who had a tape recording of 'lawerence of arabia' recorded from the tv speaker? what was that kid thinking?
   what kind of records?  ...don't worry if it's dutch prog rock you want we've got you covered! (really just some 'golden earring' - ed.) but, how about some 'steeleye span'? with 13 of their albums to choose from, I'm sure I've got your favorite song by them! hey, out of all of these there must be something you like, right?   ...'nick drake' it is, good choice. of course there's always the grateful dead...


what a beautiful morning.


I'm sure I've forgotten something...














No comments :