8.21.2013

hey ma... marino's!

if you ever want to go to marino's restaurant in fridley minnesota, but were confused about it's secret home inside an american legion or it's location, just ask me (or look it up). and I recommend you do go since it's one of my favorites! 
the last time we went it was a thursday night, which everyone will tell you, is polish night... (at an italian restaurant? I know, it seems confusing, but makes perfect sense, trust me)  ...where steaming polish delicacies are served fast while the excellent polka band serenades dancers and diners alike. 







ma opts for a trusty patty melt and I go local with the polish combo: pork roast, pierogis, cabbage roll, mashed potatoes, polish sausage, beets, dark bread, and of course...  saur kraut. yum. a few white russians, some excellent food, a quick dance... what more could you ask for?













dancers take the floor, fun.  americana.  during this past visit and every once in awhile when we go, there is a young lad of seven or eight, who takes over the drum kit. what a gas, he really loves to play! his playing style can best be described as: 'exhuberant'. really great though! our time at marino's has once again come to an end. my belly's full, my feet are tired, my vision is foggy but my heart is true, see you soon at marino's!






viva la marino's!






No comments :