5.06.2015

vermeer


   Today I took a trip to the art museum to see the vermeer painting, and to revisit some of my favorites including this wonderful deKooning. There was also a new modern collection on loan. I skipped the visting Hapsburgs show, the big excitement that day. I just don't have enough interest in armor and classical paintings to endure the crowds and pay the $20... am I just a cretin?

   The Vermeer 'show' is only one painting: 'Lady reading a letter'. Since there are only 37 known Vermeer paintings that's understandable. It was beautiful. I was surprised to find it not much larger than an image you could find in a book! It's only a little over 15x18" I looked at it briefly. I was there to see it first but I was shortly followed by many others who crowded around me, spoiling the idyll for me - "go see the armor!" 

   Nobody bothered my while I reexamined my deKooning though! And the middle aged chap I enlisted to take photos of me in front of it has a story he can share about his visit. He seemed somewhat nonplussed! ta ta for now... sven.

































that's all folks!









No comments :